By using the Site, you consent to the data practices described in this statement. If you do not agree with our privacy practices, do not use the Site.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Your use of the Site is subject to the B-Causes Terms & Conditions. Please review our Terms, which govern the access and use of our Site.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will collect information, including Personal Information and Non-Identifiable Information, when you interact with us and the Site, for example when you:
- Access or use the Site;
- Create an account with us;
- Open or respond to our e-mails;
- Contact customer service;
- Visit any page online that displays our ads or content;
- Purchase products or services on or through the Site;
- Refer people to our Site via email or social media;
- Provide information to our vendors.
Personal Information means information about you that specifically identifies you or, when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify you. As a general rule, we do not collect personal information about you when you visit and/or use the Site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Submitting personal information through the Site is voluntary. By doing so, you are giving us your permission to use the information for the stated purpose.
THE NATURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information we collect which you provide to us may include:
- Contact Information: your name, email addresses, telephone numbers and postal addresses.
- Interest Information: information you provide that enables us to determine lifestyle preferences, interests, and activities, including location information related to your state, city, or neighborhood; areas of interest, the types of Merchant Offerings that interest you; and demographic information.
- Interaction Information: information you provide when you interact with us and the Site, such as the Merchant Offerings you are interested in, purchase and redeem; email and other communications; and how you interact with our business partners and vendors; and
- Financial Information: information collected from you as needed to process payments for vouchers, auctions, or other products or services that you buy, or as provided by you such as your payment card number, expiration date, and card verification number.
As a general rule, you have the right not to provide the foregoing information when dealing with the Site.
We collect and temporarily store certain information about your usage of the Site. Non-Identifiable Information means information that alone cannot identify you, including data such as as cookies, pixel tags, web beacons and device information. The information includes, without limitation:
- Device Data– We may collect information such as: the type of computer and/or mobile device you use; the unique device ID of your computer and/or mobile device; the IP address of your computer and/or mobile device; the operating system of your computer and/or mobile device; and the type of mobile internet browsers of your computer and/or mobile device.
- Usage details– when you access and use the Site, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Site, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Site.
- Location information- When you first visit or use the Site we may request permission to collect and use your device’s precise geolocation. You can opt not to permit the collection of this information, but it may limit certain functions or features of the Site. You can control how and whether we collect your precise geolocation information through your device’s settings.
If you do not want us to collect this information, you may either change your device’s privacy settings or do not access or use the Site.
INFORMATION COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies): We may use “cookies” on our Site to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Site.
- Web Beacons: Pages of the Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Site statistics (For example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity.
CHANGING YOUR DATA COLLECTION SETTINGS
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. You may need to adjust the settings on your computer and/or device to restrict the collection of information by the Site, but this may prevent you from accessing all of the features of the Site.
- Location Information: You can choose whether or not to allow the Site to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Site may then be inaccessible or not function properly. For example, you have the ability to only allow manual geolocation (rather than using their device’s auto locating functionality), but the provision of at least one piece of location data (i.e. you search location) is a requirement for the Site to function.
THIRD-PARTY AUTOMATIC INFORMATION COLLECTION
When you use the Site or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
- Your Internet provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Site. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information about your online activities over time and across different Sites, mobile applications and other online Site Sites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information collected as described in this Privacy Statement for the following:
• Operate, maintain and improve the Site and our services;
• Provide you with interest-based ads and offers for products and services from us, and our participating Merchants, Causes, and Affiliates via email, text messaging, push notifications and by telephone;
• Manage your account, including processing payments and refunds;
• Facilitate and fulfill orders placed on the Site;
• Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages and marketing messages;
• Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- Ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device for accessing the Site;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the Terms and Conditions; and
- Notify you when there are changes to any products or services we offer or provide though the Site.
- (2) Usage and Analytics
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Evaluate your eligibility for certain types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to you;
- Analyze advertising effectiveness; and
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about us and our business partners.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information you provide to us whether voluntarily or automatically, may be used and disclosed without limitations, in the following instances:
- With vendors who provide services for us (who are required to protect the Personal Information);
- To Report or collect on debts owed to us or our Business Partners or Merchants;
- With Merchants from which we offer products and services or whom we have entered into an agreement that provides for the disclosure, sale, lease, or license of your Information;
- To the extent that you have purchased or redeemed a voucher, goods or services offered by a Merchant;
- To a prospective buyer or buyer of B-Causes, or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all our assets;
- As part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding;
- To comply with legal requirements for the enforcement of law, regulations, court orders, subpoena, a warrant during the course of a legal proceedings or otherwise; or
- To protect and safeguard our copyright, trademarks, legal rights, intellectual property rights or safety; or
- In response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States.
The use of Personal Information by our Merchants which is obtained through us is governed by their individual privacy policies and is not subject to our control.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may also disclose Non-Identifiable Information:
- For the same reasons we might share Personal Information;
- With our Merchants for their own analysis and research;
- To facilitate targeted content and ads; or
- With Third-Party Ad-Servers to place our ads and/or ads of our merchants on the Site and on third-party sites
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal data provided to us from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any person using the Site. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile services is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
If you suspect that there has been a breach of the security of your data you should contact us and include details of the nature of the breach, the date of the breach, and the full circumstances of the breach.
CHILDREN UNDER THIRTEEN
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under the age of thirteen please do not submit any personal data through the Site.
OPT-OUT & UNSUBSCRIBE
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from the Site by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
We will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. We encourage you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
We welcome your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that we have not adhered to this Statement, please contact us at:
2640 Rt. 70, Building 1A
Manasquan, NJ 08736
By Email: email@example.com
By Phone: (732) 554-1200
Effective as of November 30, 2017.